A dedicated page for COVID-19 updates is available on the VTAC website. This page will be regularly updated as new information becomes available, and we will also post announcements of any major updates to the Careers Practitioners Blog.
VTAC has also published the below message for year 12 students which can be accessed and shared via Facebook.
We know that there’s a lot of confusion and misinformation with the COVID-19 disruptions to your school year. To 2020 Victorian Year 12s, your families and loved ones, here is our commitment to you:
• We will help you reach your goals for tertiary study.
• We will keep you updated on any changes to our policies, dates and procedures for the year.
• We will provide resources that will help you get the best out of your VTAC application.
• We will continue to guide your schools, Principals and teachers in giving you the best advice.
• We will calculate your ATAR so you can be fairly considered for course entry.
• We will keep you abreast of other pathways into further study – it’s not always about your ATAR!
What we ask of you:
• Keep moving towards your goals.
• If your studies have been disrupted – and we know that’s most of you – apply for SEAS, our special consideration scheme, when applications open in August. It’s a program designed to compensate for educational disadvantage – applying will help you get into a course you want.
• If you’re unsure about your options for further study next year, don’t hesitate to contact us, your school careers adviser, or the universities, TAFEs and tertiary institutions that interest you.
• Stay in contact with your family, friends and loved ones.
• Keep in mind that there are other pathways into further study, that ATAR is just one method of entry.
• Remember to reach out for support if you need it. Whether it’s from your school, friends or loved ones, or even from excellent organisations like headspace, Kids Helpline Official or Beyond Blue. There are people who care and want to help you.
We’re in this together. We’ll continue to update you via social media and also our COVID-19 page: http://vtac.edu.au/update-covid-19.html
Categories: ATAR and Scaling