Mid-year course applications open today, for courses commencing in second semester this year. This information is most relevant to school-based Careers Practitioners still counselling Year 12 students from the 2014 cohort, and Careers Practitioners not based at secondary schools.
The mid-year application process is very similar to the main round process, however:
- Students who submitted and paid for a course application in main round last year can pay a reactivation fee ($20) instead of a new application fee, and their personal details will be transferred from their previous application.
- Scholarship applications through VTAC do not operate at mid-year.
- SEAS Category 5 (institution-specific schemes) does not operate at mid-year, however SEAS categories 1-4 are available.
- Negotiated and supplementary offers are not available at mid-year.
- Not all institutions and courses accept applications for mid-year course entry. Use VTAC CourseSearch to find available courses.
More detailed information is available at the VTAC website, on the Applying to study mid-year page.
Key dates for Mid-year applications:
|Course Applications openSEAS Applications open
Admissions tests (STAT and ALSET) bookings open
|Monday 13 April 2015|
|Admissions tests (STAT and ALSET) bookings close||5pm, Wednesday 20 May 2015|
|SEAS Applications closeCourse Applications close||5pm, Friday 5 June 2015|
|Mid-year offers released||Friday 19 June 2015|